Get Adobe Flash player
RomanianRoHungarianMagyarEnglish (UK)

SVSU - Plan de aparare

SCHENGEN II.

INFO

Facebook Like Box

The beginnings of local education go back to the 16th century; the village had already had a teacher in 1569. The local school was founded in 1872, today children can go to school here from first grade to eighth grade. The building of the institution has recently been renovated, it was enlarged and modernized.

The village played important role in spreading people’s education and culture. In 1888 there was established a Reader’s Club and a Drama Group and in 1891 they formed a chorus.

Economical life in Nagyborosnyo was dynamic back in the past centuries. In 1847 the village was permitted to organize four national and a weekly fair. Its Friday fair were especially famous as well as its poultry markets. Today the main source of living is agriculture, but many villagers try to find work at the nearby county center. Different services are provided by local commercial units. Some choose to deal with the so called “gipsy brick” to earn some extra money.

The economical development is supported by the leaders of the village. The local government and the mayor tend to rebuild the infrastructures with different programs and investments and they try to provide better circumstances to create an image of the village worth living in.

The surroundings of Nagyborosnyo is rich in rare and protected plants, the beautiful area is ideal for relaxing trips.

Kisborosnyo is a twin settlement of the village center, it is situated in the wind free valley of the Kisborosnyo stream, at about 4 km far from the stream, by the feet of the Bodza mountains. It had probably separated from the formerly unified Borosnyo. In the 18th and 19th centuries it was regarded as an important economical and administrative center.

Most of its inhabitants worked on the lands of the Tompa and the Domokos families. These lands reached the middle part of the Bodza region in the south, forming a border between the Land of the Mikes family from Zagon and those of the Beldi family from Uzon. In the register from 1567 Kisborosnyo appeared as a village with 16 gates, during the centuries the village witnessed great improvements, in 1900 the number of its inhabitants reached 1500. Today it has about 400 inhabitants. After the age of the Reformation the Reformed Church was formed here in the 17th century, the church of the village acquired its present image in 1797, but it has been renovated many times since.

At the beginning of the 1600s education was on its way in this village. Kisborosnyo had always proved that it had spiritual values.

The Tompa family had enriched Hungarian culture with many values. Poets Tompa Mihaly and Tompa Laszlo originate from Kisborosnyo.

Living up to its worth, there was founded here, in Kisborosnyo the richest historical memorial park in the whole region. In 2007, as part of the Word Conference of the Haromszek Hungarians they inaugurated the Haromszek Octagon, which is made up of eight rocky gardens with carved wood columns. In this memorial park they pay respect to famous personalities from different fields of interest: literature, art, public life, health, pedagogy, science, sport and religion. The park used to host some monuments before, so now the visitors can find 29 wood columns and three monuments here.

There were many gentry ranches in the village but nowadays we can only see the Joos rezidence. Kisborosnyo, with its buildings, its atmosphere gives the picture of a neat little Sekler village, where friendly people welcome their guests.

An other important village of Borosnyo is Lecfalva, which is situated along the right banks of the Feketeugy steam. I was first mentioned in written documents in 1333. According to the legend it was formed from three other villages which were destroyed by the Tatars: Korpacs, Despo and Galath.

Due to its central position it had often served as the place of public meeting of Haromszek.

In 1600 the Sekler National Meeting was held here.

In the place of the ditches above the village used to be a wooden fortress in the 13th century. After the defeat of the Sekler army, Prince Janos Zsigmond built the Seklers Repent fortress, the pair of which is in Szekelyudvarhely, the Sekler Attacked fortress. The fortress was destroyed in 1597, but it was rebuilt again. Nowadays there is no trace of it.

The church of the village was built in the 16th century, its patron saint is St. Miklos, nowadays it belongs to the Reformed Church and its present image was acquired during its renovation which took place between 1878 and 1784.

The school of the village was first mentioned in documents in 1744 when the teacher was Benedek Janos. In 1868 there was inaugurated a new school here. The present building will soon be renovated. According to the Sekler traditions culture and educationd had always played important role in the life of the village. The culture home was named after Bartha Arpad, photographer, there is also a monument in front of the building reminding us of the famous son of the village.

The famous painter, Gyarfas Jeno was born in Lecfalva too, in 1857. The family’s residence was pulled down in the 1960s.

The famous artist started his studies in the Mintarajz art school in Budapest under the guidance of Szekely Bertalan, and later he studied in Munchen and Madrid. He settled down at Sepsiszentgyorgy, where he was visited by Jokai Mor. The most famous work of art of Gyarfas is the Teterehivas, inspired by the ballad written by Arany Janos, this work was rewarded by the Mucsarnok First prize. Visitors can admire Gyafas’ paintings at the Sekler’s NationalMuseum in Sepiszentgyorgy, in Gyarfas Jeno art gallery. 

Cobfalva is situated on the left banks of the Feketeugy stream. It used to be called Csiafalva. It has about 200 inhabitants, members of the Reformed Church. There is a gold finding related to the name of the village. In 1840, while making the road, someone found some gold here. There were different tools made of gold, which are now kept in the HungarianNationalMuseum and in the Historical Museum of Vienna. For saving this treasure the village was given 1000 gold money, which was used to build up their church. The church is by the road in the shadow of old, millenary trees.

The little settlement was sentenced to death in the communist era; they wanted to destroy even its graveyard. In the last two decades the village has come back to life again, though.

The image of the village is colourful with all the new buildings and the agricultural machines standing in the backyard and frontyards of these buildings make proof that there is a secure future awaiting here for the next generations.

Feldoboly is situated by the feet of the Bodza mountains, 5 km from Nagyborosnyo in South eastern direction. It is the bordering village of Orbaiszek, which is the eastern part of Sepsiszek, it is one of the fifteen villages situated along the banks of the Feketeugy. We can only make guesses about the origin of the name of the village: according to Benko Jozsef, there lived some drummers in the village, who played their drums to gather the people when there was some danger in the village. The village has about two hundred inhabitants, belonging to the Reformed Church. There are no exact data about the time of the building of the church, probably it was built in the middle ages, but it was rebuilt in 1773. The cup-shaped bell tower was added later to the building. There were two bells put in the bell tower, the smaller one is of artistic value, it was moulded in the Renaissance. in 1693, and the bigger one is from 1893. The unique value of this church can be found in the wooden ceiling of the church, which is of popular baroque style, made by Szendrei Jozsef in 1768. The sitting benches as well as the parapets of the western painted balcony are from 1773, the carved  and painted pulpit  and the organ balcony are from 1782, and the pulpit crown is from 1808.  The hillside close to the church is covered by millenary pines.

There is a legend about the fountain of this hillside, according to the locals there cannot be as much drought as to dry that fountain ever. Under that there is the old graveyard, the gravestones of which are so special that they draw our attention to them. Each stone tells us a life story, the rhymes were carved in the stones reminding us about the live of the dead.

In the center of the village there is a triple hill which is a memorial place reminding us of those who died for Hungary, it was made in the year of the Vienna Treaty.

The first school in Feldoboly was built in 1847, nowadays children are taught in a new, modern building.

Most of the locals work on the fields, but this place favours fruit production too, the plum brandy made at Doboly is famous even at far-off places.

Kispatak

A small settlement belonging to Nagyborosnyo is Kispatak. It is 5 km far from Nagyborosnyo in the southern direction. It is situated in the valley of the Kispatak stream, by the northern feet of the Bodzafordulo mountains, between the Avas peak and the Csere peak. The village was not inhabited until 1910. In 1992 it had only 23 inhabitants, now there are 24 people in it.

The beautiful surrounding offer picturesque view both in the winter and in the summer. The snow covered area is favored by winter sports fans. It is great fun for children to sledge on the hillsides.

Visitors of these villages are always welcome, there is a friendly and cheerful atmosphere in these villages and its people are hospitable. The hardworking local people build secure future for the coming generations.